- 2lbs Asparagus
- 1lb The Olive Grove’s Bucatini pasta
- 1/4C The Olive Grove’s Garlic flavored Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6oz Prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut into bite sized strips (can also use Bacon, cut into bite sized pieces)
- 6oz Smoked Gouda cheese, diced
- 1/4C + 2T Basil, slivered
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the asparagus about 3 minutes (2 minutes for thinner asparagus). With a slotted spoon, remove the asparagus from the boiling water and let cool. When cool, cut into bite sized pieces and set aside.
Return water to a boil, adding more water if needed. Add the pasta and cook according to the package until al dente. Drain the pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Add asparagus to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the pasta, and if needed, some of the reserved cooking liquid. Toss to coat. Add the prosciutto, smoked Gouda, and basil, and toss to combine. Turn off the heat, and the cheese will continue to melt. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.