- 8 slices Bread (whole-wheat, oat, etc)
- 1/2 C Hummus
- 1 Avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 4 Plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, cores and seeds removed
- 2 T The Olive Grove’s Ultra Premium EVOO (such as Leccino, Hojiblanca, Picual)
- 2 t The Olive Grove’s Traditional 18-Year Aged
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange tomatoes on a baking sheet, cut sides down. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 25-30 minutes, until tomatoes begin to caramelize.
While tomatoes roast, toast your bread. Using a cookie cutter or other circular object, cut out 1-2 circles per toast, depending on how big the piece of bread is. Spread hummus on each circular toast.
In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork, leaving large chunks. Layer the mashed avocado over hummus, season with salt and pepper, and then top with a roasted tomato. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings