- 1/2 C The Olive Grove’s Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 Large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Grated orange zest
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 C Chicken Stock
- 1 lb The Olive Grove’s Torchio pasta
- 2 Tbsp Capers, drained
- 1/4 C Flat-leaf parsley, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onions until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the orange zest and garlic and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken stock. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until slightly reduced.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente, then drain. Toss with onion mixture; add the capers, parsley, salt and pepper. Delicious as a main course, or served as a side dish with grilled seafood or chicken.