- 2 Pie crusts, frozen
- 6 C Apples, thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 T The Olive Grove’s Cinnamon Pear Balsamic
- 1/2 C Light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C White sugar
- 2 t Cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 t Nutmeg, freshly grated
- 3 T All-purpose flour
- 1/4 C Butter, chilled and diced
- 9 Caramel squared, quartered
- 1 T White, granulated sugar
In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, Balsamic, sugars, spices, flour, butter and caramels. Stir to coat fruit evenly. Line a pie plate with one of the crusts. Spoon filling into the bottom crust, and cover with the top crust. Crimp the edges. Place the pie on a baking sheet. Poke fork holes over the top. Sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes. If you notice overbrowning after 30 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees. Serve warm, or at room temperature.