- 1lb Large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 C Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 C Lime or Orange marmalade
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely minced (skip if using the Garlic Evoo)
- 1/2 C Cilantro, chopped
- 4 T The Olive Grove’s Garlic flavored Olive Oil
- 1 T Soy sauce
- 1/2 t Hot red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a measuring cup whisk together lime juice, marmalade, garlic, cilantro, 3T olive oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; reserve 1/3 C mixture in a small bowl for dipping. In a large zip-lock bag, combine shrimp with remaining mixture and marinade, turning occasionally to coat shrimp for 45 minutes in the refrigerator. Drain shrimp and lightly pat dry. In a large non-stick skillet heat ½ T olive oil over medium heat until hot. Saute’ half of shrimp until golden brown and cooked through, about 1 ½ minutes per side. Saute’ remaining shrimp in remaining ½ T olive oil the same way.
Serve shrimp with reserved dipping sauce. Makes about 24 hors d’oeuvres.