I came up with this recipe years ago when I thought I had had the best pasta salad EVER, and wanted to recreate it. I have made this dozens of times, and am almost always asked for the recipe! This is a perfect side dish for large crowds!
- 12 oz The Olive Grove’s Orzo pasta
- 14 oz jar Artichoke hearts
- 1/4C The Olive Grove’s Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1/4C The Olive Grove’s Champagne Vinegar
- 4 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 Red onion, chopped
- 1C Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 3/4C Fresh tomatoes, diced
Bring water to a boil, stir & cook until al dente (about 9 minutes). Rinse, drain & cool. Drain artichokes, reserving liquid in a small bowl and coarsely chop. Add oil & vinegar to reserved liquid. Whisk together and set aside. In a large bowl combine orzo, artichokes, onion, feta, olives and tomatoes. Pour dressing over pasta and stir gently. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Serve at room temperature. Makes 8-10 one cup servings.