A staff favorite! A wonderful burst of flavor in a salad that pairs with many things from seafood to meat dishes.
- 1 Head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 Pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 oz Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1/2 C Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C The Olive Grove’s Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 C Pecans
- 1/3 C The Olive Grove’s Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 3 T The Olive Grove’s Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 t White sugar
- 1 1/2 t Honey Dijon mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 t Salt
- Black pepper, fresh ground to taste
Heat oven to 325 degrees. In a shallow bowl, stir balsamic vinegar with the pecans and let sit while the oven heats up. Drain pecans and place on parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool and break into pieces.
Blend oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans and serve.
Makes 6 servings.