- 2lbs Flank Steak
- 1/2C The Olive Grove’s Garlic, Tuscan Herb, Chipotle or Bacon flavored olive oil, divided
- 1/8C The Olive Grove’s Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- The Olive Grove’s Alderwood Smoked Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 Bell peppers, any color variety, sliced
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced 1/2″ thick
- 1T The Olive Grove’s Southwest Blend
In a large gallon or 2 gallon sized baggie, marinade the flank steak with 1/4C smoked olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Let marinade at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the remaining smoked olive oil and southwest blend and toss with the peppers and onion.
Remove the flank from the fridge 30-60 minutes before cooking to allow it to get to room temperature. Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with foil, and place the steak in the middle and surround with the pepper mix. For medium rare, broil 6 minutes and flip the steak. Broil another 6 minutes and remove from the oven. Transfer the meat to a cutting board and let sit 5-10 minutes before cutting. Make sure you cut against the grain and at an angle. This makes this cut of meat easier to chew!
Serve the steak and peppers over a bed of rice, or perfect to make fajitas!