Because the dressing is warm, you want to drizzle your salad with the dressing seconds before you serve it, or the salad will become too saturated and soggy with dressing.
- 3/4 c plus 2 tbsp The Olive Grove’s Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil (best with peppery olive oil such as Leccino or Picual)
- 6 slices Hickory or apple smoked bacon
- 3 Medium shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 3-1/2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Minced fresh oregano
- 1 tsp Minced fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place a medium sauté pan or skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil. Heat for 2 minutes. Carefully add the bacon, using tongs to lay the slices flat in the pan. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until completely brown and crispy. Place the cooked bacon on paper towels to drain. Place a small sauté pan or skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oilice. Heat for 1 minute. Add the shallots, sauté 4 to 5 min until translucent. Lower heat, and add lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano and thyme. Heat for 1 to 2 min. Slowly add the olive oil. Heat for 2 min.