Serve this soup chilled and with all the toppings, and you have a winner! This soup is great the next day, too, giving all the flavors more time to blend together!
- 2lbs Assorted tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4t Sea Salt
- 1 small Cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, stemmed and chopped (2 peppers for spicy)
- 1/2 small Yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2t The Olive Grove’s Champagne vinegar
- 1 slice White bread, crust removed, torn into pieces
- 1/2C The Olive Grove’s Tuscan Herb flavored olive oil
- 1/2t Sugar
- Croutons, crumbled cooked bacon and sliced butter leaf lettuce for toppings
Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and let sit for 10 minutes. Combine tomatoes, cucumber, jalapeno, onion, garlic, vinegar, bread, olive oil and sugar in a blender and puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Cover soup and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours or up to 3 days.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with croutons, bacon and lettuce. Drizzle with 1T Tuscan Herb olive oil and serve.