- 1 1/2 lbs Sweet Potatoes, cut into very thin slices
- 1 Large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4C + 1T The Olive Grove’s Basil flavored Olive Oil, divided
- 2T Paprika (or 1T Cayenne Pepper or Crushed Red Pepper Flakes)
- 8 Large eggs
- 1 1/4C Whole milk
- 1t Sea salt
- 1/2t Ground black pepper
- 3/4C White cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2lb Turkey sausage (or chicken sausage), cooked and crumbled
Preheat oven to 400. Toss sweet potatoes and onion with 1/4C olive oil and paprika, and spread evenly on a coated baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until tender.
Place potatoes and onions in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, 1T olive oil, milk, salt and black pepper. Pour egg mixture over the potato mixture and fold in cheese and sausage. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and pour in the egg mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until set and browned on top. Cool slightly before serving.