- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4C The Olive Grove’s Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil such as Picual or Koroneiki
- 1 medium Sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4lb Mushrooms, sliced such as Porcini
- 1 sprig Rosemary, leaves only, chopped
- 1/4C The Olive Grove’s Traditional 18 Year Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2C Heavy cream
- Sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pat the chicken breasts dry, drizzle with 2T of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. In a baking dish, bake chicken for 30-35 minutes, turning once halfway through.
In a heavy bottom, large sauté pan over medium heat, add remaining olive oil. Sprinkle sliced onions with a little sea salt and add to the olive oil, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and rosemary and sauté until both mushrooms and onions become deep golden brown and caramelized. Add the balsamic to the pan and deglaze. Simmer gently and cook until the balsamic is reduced by half. Add the cream and stir to combine. Cook until the mixture thickens slightly, approximately another minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the chicken with the balsamic sauce on top. Can also be served over beef tenderloin.