This wonderful, winter dish is great for the holidays. Impress your dinner guests with this elegant, yet easy dish!
- 2 1/2lbs Chicken thighs or breasts with skin on (around 4 to 6 thighs or breasts)
- Fresh Thyme
- The Olive Grove’s Italian Table Blend Seasoning
- 1/3C to 1/2C Fresh cranberries (or previously frozen)
- 1T Maple syrup
- 1T The Olive Grove’s Traditional 18 Yr Aged or Cranberry Pear or Vermont Maple Balsamic (to coat chicken during roasting)
For the Marinade
- 1/3C Cranberries (or previously frozen)
- 2T The Olive Grove’s Persian Lime flavored Olive Oil
- 2T Soy sauce
- 2T Maple Syrup
- 1/4C The Olive Grove’s Traditional 18 Yr Aged or Cranberry Pear or Vermont Maple Balsamic
- 1/4t Sea salt
- 1/4t Black pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic (or 1t minced)
Place chicken in a roasting or baking dish and set aside. Prepare your marinade by blending all ingredients for the marinade in a food processor until smooth. Pour this over the chicken, coating evenly. Cover and place in the fridge to marinade for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove chicken from fridge and add the extra 1/3 to 1/2 cup cranberries, thyme, and Italian seasoning blend to the dish. Spread it out evenly on and around the chicken. Bake skin side down for 22 minutes. Remove and turn skin side up. Brush chicken with the syrup/balsamic combo. Broil for 5 minutes or until skin is crispy.
Remove from oven and spoon sauce from the pan onto each chicken thigh and a pinch of black pepper. Serve with the roasted cranberries on top and add extra fresh herbs if desired.
**If using boneless chicken, cooking time will be about 35 minutes total.
**If using skinless chicken, the cooking time will be 20-25 minutes, with no broiling needed.