- 1C The Olive Grove’s Semi-Pearled Farro
- 1C Apple cider
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/2C The Olive Grove’s Lemon Olive Oil
- 1/4C Lemon juice
- 1/4C Dried cranberries
- 1/2C Pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1C Raw Beets, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2C Basil, chopped
- 1/2C Mint, chopped
- 2C Arugula leaves
- 1/2C Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, bring farro, apple cider, bay leaves, 2 cups water and 1t salt to a simmer. Simmer until farro is tender and liquid evaporates, about 30 minutes. If the water evaporates before the farro is done, add more water as needed.
Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Pour the lemon dressing over the warm farro and let stand to cool, about 10 minutes. Add cranberries, pistachios, beets, basil, mint, arugula, Parmesan cheese, and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.