- 1 12-18lb Turkey
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3/4 C The Olive Grove’s Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- 2 T The Olive Grove’s Pure Ocean Sea Salt
- 1t Fresh ground pepper
- 3 sprigs Fresh rosemary
- 3 medium Yellow onions, peeled and quartered
- 5 Celery ribs, cut into 4 inch lengths
- 8 small Yellow potatoes, peeled and halved
- 5 medium Whole carrots, peeled
- 1/2 C Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 C Italian parsley, chopped
- 10 leaves Sage, chopped
- 1/2 C Thyme, chopped
- 1 C Chardonnay
- 1 1/2 C Chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped herbs. Mix well to form a light paste. Rub the outside and inside of the turkey with the herb paste, reserving about 3 Tbsp. Insert the rosemary sprigs into the cavity of the turkey.
Toss the onion, celery, potatoes, carrots, wine and chicken broth with the reserved herb paste. Place the turkey in a large roasting pan. Place the vegetables around the turkey and pour any remaining liquid into the roasting pan, being careful not to disturb the herb-coated turkey. Roast uncovered for 1 hour, then cover with foil and roast the remainder of time (total roast time is about 20 minutes per pound). Baste several times during cooking. When the turkey is done, internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
Transfer turkey to a serving dish and surround with the roasted vegetables. Let the turkey rest at least 15 minutes before carving.