- 1lb The Olive Grove’s Orecchiette Pasta or elbow pasta, cooked al dente
- 1/4C The Olive Grove’s Tuscan Herb Olive Oil, Chipotle, Bacon, or Butter flavored Olive Oil
- 4T Flour
- 2C Whole milk, warmed
- 1/2t Cayenne pepper
- 1C Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 1/4C Extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4C Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2T The Olive Grove’s White Truffle Oil
Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over low heat in a saucepan. Whisk in flour to create a roux for the sauce base. Simmer flour and butter over low heat for approximately 3 minutes, then add warm milk in a steady stream, stirring, and simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes until the sauce thickens. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, cayenne, Gruyere and cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
Drain pasta and place in a large baking dish or casserole. Pour cheese sauce over pasta and mix well. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese. Drizzle the top with White Truffle Oil before serving.
If you want to make this ahead of time, cover and refrigerate at this point. When you’re ready to serve, preheat oven to 350 and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes and serve.