This is by far the best stuffing I have ever had!
- 8C (14oz) Stuffing bread cubes, unseasoned
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) Unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 C (1 large onion) Yellow onion, diced
- 1C Celery, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1lb Sweet Italian sausage, ground
- 2C Chicken broth, low sodium
- 3/4C The Olive Grove’s Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 1T Rosemary, chopped
- 1T Sage, chopped
- 1/4C Parsley, chopped
- 1/2t Salt
- 1/2t Ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place the stuffing cubes in a large mixing bowl.
In a large saute pan, melt the butter. Add the onions and celery and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Add the vegetables to the stuffing cubes.
In the same pan, cook the sausage over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the sausage while cooking. Add the sausage to the bread cubes and vegetables.
Add the chicken broth, olive oil, egg, rosemary, sage, parsley, salt and pepper to the bread cube mixture and mix until the bread is soft and moistened. Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish and bake for 60-65 minutes, uncovered, until deeply golden and crisp on top.