Balsamic chicken is a staple meal in our house. I love to come home from work and dinner is ready, or enjoy my kids in the backyard playing instead of cooking. Enjoy the convenience of this in your slow cooker and a wonderful aroma in your house!
- 4-6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 14.5oz Cans diced tomatoes (I prefer those with herbs)
- 1 12oz jar Artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 Medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 Garlic cloves, whole
- 1/2C The Olive Grove’s Traditional 18 Year Style Balsamic Vinegar
- 1T The Olive Grove’s Super Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1t Oregano, dried
- 1t Basil, dried
- 1t Rosemary, dried
- 1/2t Thyme, dried
- Ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, and salt and pepper each breast. Put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes and artichoke.
Cook on high 4 hours and serve over angel hair, spaghetti or brown rice. If you cook on low for longer, add 1/2C of chicken broth in the bottom of the slow cooker.