- 4lbs Pot roast, boneless
- 4 T The Olive Grove’s Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- 1/4C Flour
- 2t The Olive Grove’s Pure Ocean Sea Salt
- 1/8t Pepper
- 3 Carrots, peeled, sliced lengthwise and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 Onions, sliced thinly
- 3 Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 stalk Celery, chopped in 1/4-inch chunks
- 2 cans Mushrooms, drained
- 3T Flour
- 1/4C Water
Trim excess fat from the roast. Combine flour, salt and pepper and dredge the meat with the flour mixture. Sear the coated meat in olive oil until brown on all sides. Place carrots, potatoes, onions and celery in a slow cooker and then place the meat on top. Spread the mushrooms over the top of the meat. With the lid on the slow cooker, cook on low about 10 hours.
Remove meat and vegetables and place on a platter. Make a paste with the flour and water and slowly blend into the juices in the slow cooker to thicken gravy.
Makes 8-10 servings