Rave reviews each time I make this! This dish is not very spicy at all. Although the Calabrian peppers are hot, the mixture of all ingredients is well-balanced with you wanting more after each bite!
- Approx 3 1/2 lb Beef chuck roast
- The Olive Grove’s Toomey’s Seasoning Salt
- 2 large Carrots, sliced
- 1 small Yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4C The Olive Grove’s Garlic or Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1/4C The Olive Grove’s Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2C Water
- 1 6oz can Tomato paste
- 1T The Olive Grove’s chopped Calabrian peppers
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1T The Olive Grove’s Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1/2t Salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Liberally season chuck roast on all sides with Toomey’s seasoning salt and place in slow cooker. Top with carrots and onion. In a medium sized bowl, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, water, tomato paste, Calabrian peppers, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Pour over the chuck roast. Cook on high 4 hours, or on low 8 hours until beef is tender. Slice the beef and serve with the sauce.
Serve with creamy polenta, mashed potatoes, smashed potatoes or pasta.
*this dish is not very spicy at all. Although the Calabrian peppers are hot, the mixture of all other ingredients is well-balanced with you wanting more after each bite!