What a treat! Have this as an appetizer, side dish with pasta, steak, or chicken, or all on its own!
- 1 Pie Dough (for the bottom crust only)
- 1lb Ripe tomatoes, sliced thin
- The Olive Grove’s Tuscan Herb or Pizzaioli Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- Sea Salt or The Olive Grove’s Seasonello Salt (herbal salt with rosemary, garlic, sage and pepper)
- Pepper to taste
- 1C Goat cheese, crumbled to form the top crust
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll the pie dough out on a well floured surface. Transfer the dough to a pie pan (shallow is better). Chill the crust for 15 minutes.
Spread the breadcrumbs into the bottom of the pie crust until it is well coated. Place sliced tomatoes on top of the breadcrumb mixture so that they completely cover the bottom and overlap slightly. Drizzle the Tuscan herb olive oil over the tomatoes and season with garlic, sea salt and pepper to taste. Repeat in layers until all of the tomatoes and garlic are used up. Sprinkle the goat cheese over the top.
Bake on a sheet tray until the crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature.