This dish is for everyone, even those who don’t love mushrooms! Have this on crusty bread, or put it over your beef, chicken or pork. It’s a crowd pleaser!
- 3T Butter, unsalted, divided
- 2T The Olive Grove’s Garlic flavored Olive Oil, divided
- 8oz Cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2t Salt
- 1/4t Pepper
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced and cut in half
- 8oz Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1T All-purpose flour
- 1/2C Milk 1%, 2% or whole (not skim)
- 1/2C Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2C Parmesan cheese, grated
In a large skillet, melt 1T butter with 1T olive oil over medium-heat. Add cremini mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until tender, 3-5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl and set aside. In the same pan, melt another 1T butter and 1T olive oil. Cook portobello and shiitake mushrooms until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with cremini mushrooms.
Reduce heat to low and melt 1T butter. Whisk in flour. Cook and stir until it begins to brown. Stir in milk and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in cheese and cooked mushrooms. Stir in truffle oil (optional). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to a large serving dish, and serve warm on crusty bread, or top it on beef tenderloin, chicken and pork.