- 1 Shallot, finely diced
- 1T Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2t Salt
- 1/4t Pepper
- 2 stalks Celery, plus leaves
- 1 large Apple
- 1/4C The Olive Grove’s Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil such as Hojiblanca, Coratina, Arbequina or Nocellara
- 1/2t The Olive Grove’s Wine Country Dijon mustard
- 1/2t Honey
- 2T Fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2C Hazelnuts, chopped, toasted
In a medium bowl add the shallots, vinegar, salt and pepper and set aside. Cut the celery into very thin slices.
Set the apple on a cutting board and cut as close to the core as possible, slicing a large segment off the side. Rotate and cut off another side as close to the core as possible. Continue this until you have 4 big pieces and a square-shaped core. Dispose of core and place the flat side of each apple on the cutting board and cut into thin slices. Then turn the stack of sliced apple on its side and cut into matchsticks.
Add the olive oil, mustard and honey to the bowl with the shallots and stir to combine. Add the celery, apple and dill. Fold all ingredients together, coating evenly with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle the hazelnuts over the top and serve.
Makes 4 servings