adapted from the New York Times
- 1 large head Cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 C The Olive Grove’s Tuscan Herb Olive Oil, or any Super Premium Evoo
- 1/2 t Sea salt
- 1/3 C Olives, pitted and crushed or chopped (I prefer a green Castelvetrano olive, but any will work)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 T Fresh lemon juice; more to taste
- 1/8 t Red pepper flakes; add more to taste
- 4oz Pancetta or Bacon, diced
- 3/4 t Caraway or Cumin seeds
- 1/2 C Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 C Parsley leaves, fresh
Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss cauliflower with 1/4 C olive oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together olives, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and pinch of salt. Drizzle in the remaining 1/4 C olive oil, whisking well.
After cauliflower has roasted, add pancetta and caraway or cumin seeds, and carefully mix to combine. Sprinkle Parmesan on top and roast another 15 minutes until cauliflower is tender, pancetta rendered (not crispy), and cheese is golden brown.
Spoon olive dressing all over roasted cauliflower while still hot and toss to combine. Taste and add more salt, red pepper flakes, or lemon juice as needed. Scatter parsley over the top and serve.
Note: depending on your oven, and size of cauliflower pieces, this could cook faster so watch your oven.