I made this salad and dressing for a gathering and it was an instant hit.
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 (approx. 4lb) Seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 pint Fresh blueberries, raspberries or sliced strawberries
- 4 Kiwis, peeled, sliced
- 4-6oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- Candied nuts (optional)
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1/3C The Olive Grove’s Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 2T Sugar
- 1/2t Salt
- 1/2t Ground mustard
- 1C The Olive Grove’s Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil such as Castile, Cobrancosa and Chiquitita
- 1C Fresh or frozen mixed berries, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 – 1T Poppy seeds
Using a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard, olive oil and mixed berries. Process until smooth and emulsified. Stir in poppy seeds.
In individual serving bowls, arrange fruit. Drizzle with Mixed Berry Poppy Seed Dressing. Top with Feta cheese and candied nuts. Serve immediately.
Entrée Serving Option: Create an entrée by placing the fruit on a bed of Butter, Bibb or Leaf lettuce. Add grilled, sliced chicken breast, a few slices of sweet onion, the Mixed Berry Poppy Seed Dressing, and Feta cheese.